Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Week 5 Discussion Forum - July 2nd - July 8th



Students,

Please use this as your discussion forum for your activities for Week 5 of the the My Big Summer Adventure Abroad (At Home) Project. Seen a great international TV show or movie? Tried a recipe from abroad that was actually good? Found a local international cuisine restaurant that you would give 5 stars to on Yelp or TripAdvisor? Use this forum to tell your classmates what you're doing - what you liked (and even what you didn't!).

Have Fun and Do Get Involved!

David

RE: Week 5 Discussion Forum - July 2nd - July 8th

3 comments:

  1. A good friend of mine (whom is Vietnamese) stated a good authentic Vietnamese restaurant in New Orleans East is Dong Phuong. I have not yet visited it, but I will be in the coming week. She also gave me a good recipe to make with pork belly and eggs. I will also try this next week. I will keep you posted on a recipe if it is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for an excellent foreign film I watched "La Vita E Bella" for the millionth time this past weekend. It is one of my all time favorite movies. I didn't think about it qualifying for the project until today. I think I am still going to look for something new for the project, it feels kind of wrong to use this one. I think I have the DVD floating around somewhere if anyone wants to borrow it and actually still has a DVD player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a fantastic Chinese drama available on Netflix called Us and Them. It covers interesting cultural topics such as relationships, Chinese New Year, and traditional food. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete